What is the Aegis Clearance?
The Aegis Clearance is a comprehensive approach to address “insider” information security threats in business. It is modeled after the government's security clearance and improved and adapted for business. The Aegis Clearance is a holistic approach that includes an industry-standard assessment of risk, a system of verification for that assessment, a dispersion of risk ownership, and an avenue for recourse. The program consists of rigorous screening (to help eliminate those with higher-risk of malicious intent), training, testing, a practicum, and an oath to ensure those who obtain their Aegis Clearance become an employer's information security champions, beyond the IT department. Clearance holders will be accountable for identifying, assessing and preventing security risks for a company at a grassroots level. Aegis Clearance holders are verified through a centralized adjudication system.
Aegis Clearance Benefits for the Business
Think of all the people in your organization who have access to sensitive information. You've probably considered your IT team and your executive team already, but what about your administrative assistants, marketing team, sales team, etc.? In fact, nearly everyone in your organization has access to some information that could potentially harm the company (trade secrets, pricing, competitive advantages, customer lists, organizational structure, etc.). Benefits of obtaining the Aegis Clearance for your employees include:
About the Aegis Clearance
- Step 1. Screening: Every applicant is informed and consents to a drug screen, reference check, applicant interview screen and criminal background check. Aegis Clearance has developed rigorous standards that applicants must meet in the screening process before they are allowed to move forward. If the applicant fails the screening, he will not proceed to additional steps and will receive a notification. Applicant may re-apply in 1 year.
- Step 2. Training: Training is online and self-guided. There are 15 lessons which take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Each lesson requires passing a progress check test before moving on to the next module. After all lessons are complete, there is a comprehensive final exam.
- Step 3. Exam: The final exam is presented after all training modules have been completed and all progress check tests have been successfully passed. Applicant will have two chances to pass the final exam before receiving a non-complete notice. Applicant may re-apply after a 3 month waiting period.
- Step 4. Practicum: The practicum is exclusively available for our business clients who purchase Aegis Clearances for employees. After completing steps 1-3 of the Aegis Clearance, applicants may complete an assignment to implement information security best practices, champion information security best practices to their colleagues and/or management team, etc. Once completed, the practicum must receive approval/sign-off by the employee's immediate supervisor. The practicum ensures businesses see an immediate ROI and is an enforcement that their employees have truly become information security champions.
- Step 5. Oath: The applicant signs a written oath statement to abide by and champion information security practices.
- Clearance renewal: The Aegis Clearance is valid for 2 years, and must be renewed to remain valid.
Aegis Clearance Pricing
- Initial clearance pricing*: $599 per clearance
- Renewal pricing*: $399 per clearance, every 2 years
*Price is non-refundable in the event that applicant fails the screening process or final exam.